Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sakura Matsuri ー Washington D.C.

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I disappeared for like…a few months there, school became a little hectic and I unfortunately put my blog on the back burner for a bit. I'm hoping to post at least once a week until school ends, then pick up to once a day like I'd originally planned to. I think I got a little burnt out, putting in too much effort blogging at once…even if I was doing only a small amount of blogging to begin with.

Long story short, I'm back. :)



In a more blog-related topic…

Last Saturday was the annual Sakura Matsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival) in Washington DC!

Unfortunately, there weren't many trees out that still had blossoms, since the rain the week before the festival washed most of them away. 

In any case, the street festival was still fun! They had the usual food stands set up, where you're able to get yummy foods like udonsobatakoyakiokonomiyaki, sushi, taiyaki, and a bunch of other non-Japanese things, too. Though the lines were kind of horrendous…like always, but still. There's only one stand (as far as I'm aware, at least) that sells takoyaki and okonomiyaki so the line is always incredibly long, while there are a ton of stands selling stuff like lo mein and chicken teriyaki so those lines aren't as long…but their foods aren't much different than what you can get at your normal Chinese or Japanese restaurants. 

There are also a bunch of souvenir stands, where you can buy charms, t-shirts, fans, etc. I bought a few charms that were too cute to pass up, but most things were a bit overpriced for me. My stinginess overpowered the cuteness of most of the stuff I wanted to buy there, unfortunately.

It was fun, though, and a nice event to go to if you live close enough! Just hope for it to be warmer than this year, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment